Imbolc Tree Walks – Saturday and Sunday
Double walk on Saturday and Sunday.
A special walk to celebrate Imbolc, the arrival of Spring.
11am – meet at St John’s Church – High Street, Glastonbury
Why do we do it?
– To gain knowledge of the basic tree species and how to identify them
– To be inspired by nature
– To connect with and give thanks to the trees – the oldest living beings on this island
– To visit some hidden gems, trees, spaces of the isle of Avalon
– To get to know the local land
– To share some of our creativity and offer it to the wilderness
– To walk and sit in nature for the simple joy of it
– To share and have conversations and spark new collaborations
Where do we meet?
We meet at St John’s Church at 11am and walk in the countyside on a route guided by the trees.
Feel free to bring a packed lunch as we’ll be out for around 2-3 hours. This is an informal walk to meet trees, to be in some lovely natural spaces, to sing (or listen) to songs, listen to nature and be quiet too.
The walk concludes back in the town at approximately 2pm.
Donations gratefully received x